A friend made something similar to this for me years ago. It’s been a summer staple ever since.
I like to make this with cherry or grape tomatoes but any, fresh, vine-ripened tomato will work. The little ones are the first to ripen in my garden and they really work well in this simple salad.
I usually make it fresh on the weekend and we have some every night… I just add more tomatoes to it all week as they ripen.
Tomato Garlic Salad
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (3oz, 90gr) yellow cherry tomatoes – or all red
- 1 tbs fresh basil, snipped
- 1 tbs fresh chives, snipped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs good olive oil, for salads
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt – sea salt if you have it.
- Finely mince garlic.
- Put garlic and oil in a small serving bowl and let rest while you deal with the tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes in half (that was tough).
- Snip herbs.
- Add both to garlic oil and sprinkle with salt. Stir gently.
- This is good today, better tomorrow.
It’s also on our table almost every night all summer – and great for refrigerator grazing….