Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a staple at our house.
They’re economical (cheaper than ground beef) and versatile.
In winter they can be adapted to a multitude of sauces and cooking methods, which keeps them interesting.
In summer they cook up quickly on the barbecue grill…..
And, just as quickly, become boring.
Just how many variations on barbecue sauce or Teriyaki sauce can one cook come up with?!?!?
Next time you feel yourself slipping into that rut, try this one: mayonnaise, garlic and soy sauce.
You’ll have a new favorite!
The marinade is quite thick and adds lots of flavor to the chicken. It also protects it from drying out on the grill. It makes a nice presentation to slice the breasts, thinly, at an angle to serve.
Grilled Chicken Aioli
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder – or 2 cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- In small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the marinade – whisk well: it should emulsify (come together thickly).
- Spoon over chicken breasts and let marinate for 10 – 15 minutes – or longer, up to 45 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and cook on barbecue grill for 8 – 12 minutes per side or until done (test – take a peak).
- OR sauté in nonstick skillet for 8 – 10 minutes a side, until done.
- Serve, sliced or not.
Serve it with Sesame Basmati Rice and a nice Spinach Salad,,,, Easy summer cooking