I love fresh herbs of all kinds but I particularly love those flavored with lemon
Lemon thyme has a wonderful scent – just brushing against the leaves perfumes the air with lemon.
It’s a perfect match for fish.
For these trout put a few slices of lemon on the bottom then stuffed as much lemon thyme inside as would fit.
If you have a basket for the fish it will hold them together nicely. If not, tie them with kitchen string.
Grilled Trout with Lemon Thyme and Lemon
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 whole trout – or whole fish of your choice, cleaned
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch lemon thyme – if you have it or can get it, regular thyme if not.
- Slice lemon.
- Put lemon slices and thyme inside the fish – as much as you can stuff in.
- Either put fish in grill basket or tie securely and use a grill mat.
- Cook on barbecue grill over medium heat about 7 minutes per side or until done, turning once. Can also be baked or cooked under the broiler. Times will vary according to the size and thickness of the fish. When done the flesh should be opaque.
This is part of the menu plan for the week of June 29th. The menus include all side dishes, photos, shopping list… and are free.
For more ideas for grilling fish check out the Fish section in Barbecue Recipes.