The salmon is marinated in an herbal bath for 15 minutes before being cooked on the barbecue grill (or baked).
The cold sauce is an interesting combination of flavors: the tart yogurt, the sweet, earthy brown sugar and the hot mustard all work surprisingly well with the sweet salmon.
Plus it’s quick and easy….
Marinated Salmon with Brown Sugar Yogurt Sauce
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, 12oz total (350gr each)
- 2/3 cup (5oz, 150gr) white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 tsp tarragon
- Brown Sugar Yogurt Sauce
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Mince garlic.
- In a flat dish, just large enough for the salmon, mix wine, garlic, lemon, herbs. Add salmon, turning once to coat, and allow to marinate for 15 – 25 minutes.
- When ready to cook: put salmon in a grill basket if using barbecue grill or on mesh grill pan if you don’t have a basket.
- Grill for 10 – 12 minutes, skin-side down, with the grill cover closed. Be careful not to overcook.
- OR put on baking sheet and roast in 400 F oven for 15 – 18 minutes, depending on thickness.
- In both case salmon will be done when it flakes easily, slightly pink in the center is fine.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mustard and sugar. Set aside.
- To serve: Slide the salmon off the skin if needed and place on plates.
- Spoon some sauce on the side and serve.