This is a bit of a cross between a hot ‘winter’ pasta dish and a cold ‘summer’ salad.
Lightly dressed with Balsamic vinegar, it has the taste of a salad with very little oil.
Use any flavor sausage you like, hot or not, beef, pork, chicken, turkey.
The whole dish goes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta…. We like that in summer!
Warm Pasta Salad with Peppers and Sausage
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups bite-sized pasta penne, rigatoni…
- 12oz (350gr) sausages, total weight
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green or yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine substitute sherry
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbs fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Slice pepper into long strips, then cut strips in half.
- Slice onion.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add onions, peppers and sauté for 5 minute.
- Cut sausages into 1″ (2.5cm) lengths and add to skillet. Sauté until cooked through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the wine, Worcestershire, vinegar and mustard.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat, add pasta and herbs, stir well.
- Put into a large pasta or salad bowl, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
If you’re looking for more recipes – try flipping through my cook book, Easy Gourmet Dinners.