Some of us get into such a habit of cooking / grilling boneless chicken breasts we forget how good chicken thighs can be.
Remove the skin after cooking…. If you must. Leaving it on while cooking helps keep the meat moist.
We marinated the thighs while the grill heated, then made a basting sauce with the marinade.
Grilled Chicken Thighs
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Basting Sauce
- reserved marinade
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Chicken Thighs:
- Mix all ingredients for marinade, spoon over thighs and let marinate for 10 – 15 minutes.
- When ready to cook, remove thighs and reserve marinade.
- Cook thighs on barbecue grill for 25 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Basting Sauce:
- Heat reserved marinade in a small saucepan.
- Add ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, paprika and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Start basting the thighs after 10 minutes and baste 2 – 3 times.
- They’ll be done when they are nicely browned and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
Want more ideas for cooking outdoors? Check out the Barbecue Section of Easy Weekly Menus.
With over 175 recipes you’re sure to find a few that you like.