This is a simple dish that works well for hot summer dinners…. Very little cooking and it’s ready in minutes.
With the sweet scallops and creamy avocado, this is a rich dish…. I served fewer scallops than usual.
Use a grill pan or basket for easy handling and be careful not to overcook, as scallops can get tough quickly if cooked too long.
And a bit on menu planning below….
Grilled Scallops on Avocado Sauce
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) sea scallops (large scallops) substitute shrimp or firm white fish
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs oil
- Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 tbs Greek or plain yogurt
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbs snipped chives
- Mix oil, cumin and lime juice.
- Add scallops and stir to coat.
- Avocado Sauce
- Purée avocado, yogurt, lime juice and chicken stock in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in chives.
- Grill scallops over direct heat 3 – 5 minutes per side, just until they are opaque.
- Note: Could also be quickly sautéed in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat for about the same amount of time.
- To serve: Divide Avocado Sauce and spoon onto 2 plates. Arrange scallops on Sauce and serve.
Do you plan your menus for the week?
Or just wing it when you get to the supermarket?
Menu planning can save both money and your sanity…..
It’s cheaper to shop with a list – no impulse buys. Knowing what you’re going to cook during the week allows you to do some things ahead.
What? You don’t have time to do all the planning?
Try Easy Weekly Menus. It’s a free menu planner offering 3 options.
For the Weekly Menu of July 27 the lentils are cooked ahead for the pasta salad and the Pesto Potato Salad is for two meals.
Make your life easier – check it out.