This is what happens when the garden is producing and the other half leaves me home alone….
I play with my food.
I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted – so I just laid out what looked tempting and started having fun.
The baby zucchini kind of resembled Banana Splits – thus the name.
Yes, I have a vivid imagination…. and I was starving.
A sprinkling of tomatoes halves around them while they baked yielded a flavorful sauce.
Yes, I ate it all….. And was tempted to do it all again.
Zucchini Sundaes (Courgette Splits)
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 small – medium zucchini (courgette)
- 3oz (90gr) ham
- 6 small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup (6oz, 180gr) cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh, snipped basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Cut the zucchini in half.
- With a small spoon, hollow out each half.
- Cut the ham into thin strips and line the inside of each zucchini half with them.
- Top the ham with mozzarella balls alternating with whole cherry tomatoes.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Cut the remaining cherry tomatoes in half and arrange around zucchini.
- Sprinkle with garlic, basil and paprika.
- Drizzle olive oil over all.
- Cover, bake at 400F (200C) for 40 minutes.
This is the first course on the 7 Day Menu Plan for the Week of July 13.
The 7 Day plan gives a dinner menu for all 7 days (duh!) plus first courses for the weekend.
We have always liked to have a nice, leisurely meal on Friday and Saturday…. Easy, of course, but still delicious. Much cheaper to have a great dinner at home than to go to a restaurant for a mediocre meal.
The 6 Day Menu, without the first courses, is posted in the side bar. Both menus have all recipes with photos and grocery list.