What can I say…. We love peanut butter.
Naturally it goes into cookies and cakes.
It’s a classic on toast.
But I also add it to stir-fries, pastas and marinades.
And there have been times I’ve eaten it from a spoon…. Or spread it on that last bite of dark chocolate….
This dish is similar to a Satay, with slightly spicy marinade that goes well with pork.
For maximum flavor, poke the pork with a fork after adding the marinade to allow it to penetrate the meat. We had thin chops that cook quickly; try not to overcook, slightly pink is now preferred for pork.
Grilled Pork Chops with Peanut Butter Marinade
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 – 4 pork chops, 12oz (350gr) total weight if boneless
- 1 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbs sesame or walnut oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Mix all ingredients for marinade and pour over chops.
- Let marinate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cook on barbecue for 5 – 8 minutes a side or until done. Slightly pink is preferred – take a peak
- Or fry in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat the same amount of time. Serve.
For more easy outdoor cooking recipes flip through the pages of the Barbecue Section of the Easy Gourmet Dinners Cook Book. All the recipes have nutrition information to help make healthy choices.