This is a thick, somewhat spicy marinade. We add half of it to the shrimp after cooking, making them a bit ‘saucy’. Serve with couscous, polenta or crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Shrimp cook very quickly on the barbecue grill so be careful not to overcook, lest they be dry. They should just curl and be opaque.
The marinade helps retain moisture.
We cook them on a silicone grill mat, but a mesh pan will work, as well…. or skewers.
Barbecued Shrimp (Prawns)
Total time: 15 minutes, longer if you have to clean the shrimp
- 12oz (360gr) large shrimp (prawns)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Balsamic wine vinegar
- 1 tbs molasses
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Clean shrimp if needed, if not just rinse and let drain.
- Finely mince garlic and add to olive oil in medium bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside until ready to cook.
- Mix ketchup soy sauce, vinegar, molasses and mustard, whisking well to combine.
- Just before cooking add about half of the barbecue sauce to shrimp and toss well.
- To cook on barbecue either put shrimp on skewers or cook in perforated grill pan or on a mat for 5 – 8 minutes, until done.
- To cook on stove add a little olive oil to a large frying pan and sauté over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until done. Shrimp are done when they curl and turn opaque.
- When done, remove from heat, toss with remaining sauce and serve.
The Weekly Menu Plan
All plans include the Shopping List and photos – so you can see what it’s supposed to look like…
Friday: Tortilla de Calabacín (Spanish-Style Omelet with Zucchini)
Green Beans with Prosciutto and Garlic Chips
Saturday: Shrimp (Prawn) and Avocado Salad
Lamb Chops with Rosemary, Sweet and Sour Marinade
Grilled Carrots and Potatoes Dijon
Sunday: Tomato Tart
Fresh Peach and Berry Salad
Monday: Pork Chops Diablo, Grilled
Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
Sautéed Zucchini (Courgette) with Balsamic Vinegar
Tuesday: Turkey and Green Bean Pasta Salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Fresh Herbs
Summer Basmati Rice Pilaf
Sautéed Chard with Tomatoes
Thursday: Stuffed Zucchini (Courgette) with Beef and Vermicelli
We also have just the 6 Main Courses.
If you like your recipes to have nutrition info – browse Easy Gourmet Dinners.
If you want nutrition information on this recipe, try this site: Calorie Count